Choosing The Right Host For Your Site
Your website has to be done, that’s true. However, when you finish your wonderful website, you need to do the daunting job of finding a place to hold it so your dream becomes a true reality. Here are some tips that you can use to find the web host that will keep your site safe and running.
1. Buy a domain name separately from the web host. That way, if there are any problems, you will not lose your domain. It is wise to buy a domain and a host from two different companies.
2. Compare costs. You don’t want to choose a web host based on how much it costs, however, you need to be sure that you can afford whichever host you choose. Find a range that you feel comfortable with and compare the costs to see what is included in each price and whether it makes sense for you.
3. Find out if there is an affiliate program. An affiliate program is one where you can make money by selling the hosting through your own site. If you suggest hosting and someone else buys it through your site or word of mouth, the web host will pay you a percentage of that sale. That can allow you to run your site, but it can also be another stream of income for you.
4. Discover whether there is a contract. There are so many web hosts out there, that you don’t have to put up with choices you don’t want to make. You don’t need to sign a contract for web hosting. In fact, most don’t require that. So if you are thinking about signing a contract, ensure that it is because they offer premium services that no one else is willing to offer you.
5. Find out what is included in each package. It can be tough to understand why prices are different, but if you do a little digging you find that not all packages are the same. Take it easy and look through every package until you find a few that fit your needs, and then go forward accordingly.
6. Look at the options available for statistics and other goodies. If all you get for hosting is a bare bones host, that may not suit your needs. Make sure that a host has all the options you want before agreeing to sign on.
7. Make sure the host can be reached. How quickly do they answer an email or a phone call? A web host’s service is only as good as their service when you aren’t a customer. If you can’t reach them to ask a question, they are probably not a good fit for you and your needs.
Finding a host is the perfect way to prepare your fantastic site to see the world. It’s important that you take the time necessary to choose a host that is not only affordable, but one that offers the options that you need and will keep your site running well.